Resistance Is Useless!
Upon second viewing of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, I've noticed several things that I'm sure I chuckled at before, but never quite realized how painfully true they are. Funny because it's true.
Arthur, on trying to get the paperwork to save Trillian and finding a large DMV-style line ahead of him: "I'll handle this. I'm British. I know how to queue."
or even more delightful,
The Vogons and the Vice-President are about to chase after Arthur and co. who have escaped, when a horn blows. "Oh, that's the signal. One hour break for lunch!" The Vogons stop what they're doing and go back inside.
Oh, my, goodness. Welcome to my life for the past month!
Arthur, on trying to get the paperwork to save Trillian and finding a large DMV-style line ahead of him: "I'll handle this. I'm British. I know how to queue."
or even more delightful,
The Vogons and the Vice-President are about to chase after Arthur and co. who have escaped, when a horn blows. "Oh, that's the signal. One hour break for lunch!" The Vogons stop what they're doing and go back inside.
Oh, my, goodness. Welcome to my life for the past month!
3 Comments:
"I'll handle this. I'm British. I know how to queue."
Ha! I've thought of that too, when you talk about all of your queueing!
Little did I know, by accompanying you to your first screening, that I was preparing you for your London life. I'll take that credit, yes, thank you.
Andy will have to share the credit with Christine then!
Post a Comment
<< Home