Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do
So, I'm walking along Store St. thinking of what a good day it's been so far. I'd just left the Senate House Library after joining and spending most of the afternoon there. I'd finally found all the books I needed for my Cataloguing assignments and even used Special Collections to look at an old edition of Pride and Prejudice for my essay I need to work on this weekend.
I felt a real sense of relief at all that, and I'd also chatted earlier with an American girl in my program, who I'd spent Thanksgiving with, who mentioned that her roommate was leaving and wanted to know if I wanted her room (um, yes!!). It would mean living in an apartment like dorm, with a kitchen and bathroom I'd share with only two other girls. I'd feel like an actual adult again, be in the same general area I am now, and not pay a pence more per week than I'm paying living in this dump.
So, relief and the excitement of possibilities as I'm walking down the street, looking forward to the weekend. I pop into a sandwich shop and am happy to find a brie and avocado baguette sandwich for only £2, which is good because I was starving and had only about £2 on me. As I skip out of the shop, I'm literally thinking, "what a great day this has been!" When who do I nearly run right into as I come out the door?
Well, come on, who?



Ricky Freaking Gervais!! Just walking! Down the street!! With a mobile!!!
He looked a bit angry and/or rushed, and I didn't want to be all, "OMG RickEEEEE!!" so I just kinda dodged, spun around, and just watched him walk away. Couldn't think straight. Just stood there. Then as he turned off onto Gower Street and out of site, I turned back around and walked towards the bus with the biggest grin on my face.
I know he went to UCL and all, but that was 20+ years ago. I never expected him just to be walking on by. I wonder where he was going in such a rush.
Man, I heart him.
I felt a real sense of relief at all that, and I'd also chatted earlier with an American girl in my program, who I'd spent Thanksgiving with, who mentioned that her roommate was leaving and wanted to know if I wanted her room (um, yes!!). It would mean living in an apartment like dorm, with a kitchen and bathroom I'd share with only two other girls. I'd feel like an actual adult again, be in the same general area I am now, and not pay a pence more per week than I'm paying living in this dump.
So, relief and the excitement of possibilities as I'm walking down the street, looking forward to the weekend. I pop into a sandwich shop and am happy to find a brie and avocado baguette sandwich for only £2, which is good because I was starving and had only about £2 on me. As I skip out of the shop, I'm literally thinking, "what a great day this has been!" When who do I nearly run right into as I come out the door?
Well, come on, who?

Ricky Freaking Gervais!! Just walking! Down the street!! With a mobile!!!
He looked a bit angry and/or rushed, and I didn't want to be all, "OMG RickEEEEE!!" so I just kinda dodged, spun around, and just watched him walk away. Couldn't think straight. Just stood there. Then as he turned off onto Gower Street and out of site, I turned back around and walked towards the bus with the biggest grin on my face.
I know he went to UCL and all, but that was 20+ years ago. I never expected him just to be walking on by. I wonder where he was going in such a rush.
Man, I heart him.
2 Comments:
That's so freakin' awesome! You should have offered to manage his personal papers, or something.
Oooh, fun! You run into celebrities even in London. Lucky lass!
Post a Comment
<< Home