.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Lauren Goes Looney In London

Watch in awe as Lauren wanders aimlessly through London, hoping against hope that she will stumble across Mr. Darcy, Mark Darcy, or even just Colin Firth. Or, more likely, read about the wild times she has while standing around in queues and wondering why she has eight different types of coinage in her pocket.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, February 09, 2006

"No beer and no heat make Lauren something something." "Go crazy?" "Don't mind if I do!"

Danielle and I get back to home sweet home this evening to find signs that say: "Whoops, sorry, pipes are corroded. No heat until tomorrow afternoon if you're lucky. No portable fans! Sorry!" Right, so. . .

Now, don't get me wrong. The heat's been broken for the first 8 floors of the building since sometime last week. And I sympathize, I truly do. But thankfully, our heat and hot water were still working. And I understand that people came out right away to try and fix, and that it's a bigger problem then they thought. I do. BUT! Last week, y'all came around and took away all the portable heaters that everyone on the top 7 floors had to supply the bottom floors. And we were like, "Fine! That's ok! We don't mind!" And we didn't. In fact, we gave them away before you even asked, 'cause we're nice. But now suddenly when the pipes for the top floors are just as bad as for the ones on the bottom, and you're like wiggling your fingers at us like: "Suckers!" I no longer appreciate. There is no heat in my room. It is February. It is 30 DEGREES OUTSIDE!!! Even when my heat is ON I'm cold when I'm by the window. Go knock on the doors of those that have three heat fans because we kindly gave them up and GIVE SOME BACK! I'M COLD! I'M PAYING YOU TO BE COLD!! This is somehow illegal!

The residences of this school have been the bane of my existence since sometime in mid-June. A person can only take so much! WHY DOES IT TAKE 7 DAYS TO FIX THE HEAT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WINTER!!???!! Because we're students. We're poor. But this is unacceptable. It was unacceptable when it wasn't me, but I didn't feel the need to vocalize it until now.

And all this make me want to do is hoard things. If I'd hoarded my heat fan, even though I didn't need it before, I'd be warm right now. And now because of this, someday the world will be scrambling for 20-year-old newspapers, and wishing to God that they had kept them, and they will come to my house where I've dutifully not thrown a newspaper away, and I will be like: "Go away, jerks! Who's cold now?" It won't make sense, but finally, I will have my last laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

invisible hit counter