The Lost Week
So, I shall blog, but there isn't much to blog about.
Last Sunday I spent all day finishing my portfolio that I'd spent my entire Spring Break slaving over.
Monday I had the joyous task of turning it in and getting it out of my hair! I also spent the rest of the day in lectures at school, which weren't real lectures. They were just informative, "Here's what's up with your exam and dissertation" type things. I think they were meant to calm us down, but instead they instilled panic. I wouldn't know how to answer one question that they put up as examples! Let alone three! In three hours!
May 22nd will officially be the worst day ever for me. Just warning...myself.
Sunday I had began to feel an itchy, painful kind of sensation in my chest. By Monday I had a low grade cold and spent the day coughing and sniffling a bit through my lectures. By Monday night, though I was gone and Tuesday-Thursday really kind of fell off the radar for me. I spent a lot of time alternating between trying to work on an essay, feeling too woozy to sit up, lying down, panicking about my essay, sitting up again to try and work on my essay, and repeating ad infinitum.
This is what I get for having too much fun last week! Thou shalt not party so hardy!
I had needed to get my essay done by Friday, but that didn't happen. I felt well enough Friday to try and go out, and I accompanied Danielle and her friend Kathleen who's in town visiting for drinks over at Oh! Bar in Camden. Our classmate Julia and her boyfriend came along, and we had a pleasant night. I used a bit of vodka to help disinfect my innards.
Danielle and Kathleen were tired after awhile and headed home. I followed Julia and Simon to a lovely little Greek cafe where we feasted on a sampling of appetizers and conversed merrily. Then they drove me home. I love grownups!
Saturday I worked on my essays some more. I was feeling a bit better, and had a bad case of cabin fever, so when I discovered one of my old favorite bands, Belle & Sebastian, were playing a free concert in Trafalgar Square I hopped on a bus and headed down for a few hours.
It was a good show, and definitely good to get outdoors.
I got home in the evening and had to go straight back to work on my paper. I spent my Saturday night up until nearly 2am writing an essay. And then spent all day today finishing.
But now I'm done. And I have two-and-a-half days to write a whole other one! One that I know even less about! Yay!!
Things will get fun again soon, though. I hope?
Last Sunday I spent all day finishing my portfolio that I'd spent my entire Spring Break slaving over.
Monday I had the joyous task of turning it in and getting it out of my hair! I also spent the rest of the day in lectures at school, which weren't real lectures. They were just informative, "Here's what's up with your exam and dissertation" type things. I think they were meant to calm us down, but instead they instilled panic. I wouldn't know how to answer one question that they put up as examples! Let alone three! In three hours!
May 22nd will officially be the worst day ever for me. Just warning...myself.
Sunday I had began to feel an itchy, painful kind of sensation in my chest. By Monday I had a low grade cold and spent the day coughing and sniffling a bit through my lectures. By Monday night, though I was gone and Tuesday-Thursday really kind of fell off the radar for me. I spent a lot of time alternating between trying to work on an essay, feeling too woozy to sit up, lying down, panicking about my essay, sitting up again to try and work on my essay, and repeating ad infinitum.
This is what I get for having too much fun last week! Thou shalt not party so hardy!
I had needed to get my essay done by Friday, but that didn't happen. I felt well enough Friday to try and go out, and I accompanied Danielle and her friend Kathleen who's in town visiting for drinks over at Oh! Bar in Camden. Our classmate Julia and her boyfriend came along, and we had a pleasant night. I used a bit of vodka to help disinfect my innards.
Danielle and Kathleen were tired after awhile and headed home. I followed Julia and Simon to a lovely little Greek cafe where we feasted on a sampling of appetizers and conversed merrily. Then they drove me home. I love grownups!
Saturday I worked on my essays some more. I was feeling a bit better, and had a bad case of cabin fever, so when I discovered one of my old favorite bands, Belle & Sebastian, were playing a free concert in Trafalgar Square I hopped on a bus and headed down for a few hours.
It was a good show, and definitely good to get outdoors.
I got home in the evening and had to go straight back to work on my paper. I spent my Saturday night up until nearly 2am writing an essay. And then spent all day today finishing.
But now I'm done. And I have two-and-a-half days to write a whole other one! One that I know even less about! Yay!!
Things will get fun again soon, though. I hope?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home