It's enough to make me nervous. . .
T-3 days until exam time. I shouldn't complain, really, as so many people have so many more and bigger exams to revise for, but I am still afraid!
It's too late to keep reading anymore, though, so I'm going blog instead. I'm not in the cheeriest of moods, though, so we'll see how this goes!
I've had a pretty good week, though, I'd say. Saturday was a bit rough. Took me five, no joke, FIVE hours to do one load of laundry because the machine decided to break with my clothes locked inside! I'm so tired of being poor and living in crappy housing where everything breaks and it takes ages to fix.
Sunday and Monday my friend Graham was visiting from Manchester, so we hung out. We had a good time, I think. We did a mini-pub crawl of Kentish Town which was just awful because half the pubs wouldn't let us in for some reason and it's just Kentish Town and there's nothing there. So we hit two whole exciting pubs and conversed the afternoon away. The rest of our time was divided between watching DVDs of Spaced and enjoying each other's, frankly, excellent tastes in music!
Monday night I went to see TV on the Radio at the school union. It wasn't really all that spectacular, and I was bored by myself. This is the problem with buying tickets to shows so far in advance. In March, I was in a big TV on the Radio phase. By now, though, the interested has faded and I was actually sitting there thinking, "I could be revising right now!"
Tuesday - read read read. Can't remember if other things happened. I have a hard time remembering Tuesdays for some reason.
Wednesday went to my classmate Julia's flat in Islington with other classmates Danielle, Paul and Ruth and had a "study party." Was a bit worried that we wouldn't actually get much studying done, but it actually really helped. We went through exam questions from the past three years and brainstormed the answers together. Made me feel a lot more confident that I actually know things and will be able to think of something to write. There were also obvious patterns in things they asked every year, so I have an idea of what will probably be on this exam. We celebrated our hardwork by having homemade pizzas and a delicious banoffee pie for dessert. Went home with both my head and my tummy very full.
Today I revised some more (wow! exciting!). My afternoon was interrupted by the fire alarm going off, which meant having to run down 15 flights of stairs. I didn't bring a jacket, or save anything important like my iPod or my passport, but by jove I grabbed the Shins tickets for tonight! Ha ha! THAT was important to me! So I stood with Danielle out in a very blustery day shivering with just a t-shirt on, wearing shoes with no socks and cluching my mobile and my Shins tickets. I have my priorities straight!
They finally let us in and I got ready and headed Camden ways for another night at Koko. Met up with Andy who got me the tickets and thus was coerced out of his own intense exam revising to attend with me. His exam schedule makes mine look easy peasy, so I try not to complain or worry around him. May is not a good month for those of us who have shunned the real world for the generally lazy life of a student!
We hit the floor and stifled (hardly) giggles during the opening band Dungen, who looked like they came right out of 1974. The best part was when the lead singer brought out the flute! That's when I lost it. Visions of Anchorman danced through my head.
Then the Shins came out, and WOOOO!! Their albums make me happy. I saw them a year ago in Chicago, and they weren't nearly this great. They must have been tired from being on the road then, because they seemed like they were just going through the motions. This time they had spunk! The crowd was digging them a lot more, too, than I remember at the Congress Theater. Everyone knew all the words and we all were singing along. Andy seemed to like them alright, too, though he wasn't familiar with them at all beforehand. So good times all around. Unless he was just being nice to humor me! :D
Now I'm back here acting as if it's cool that I only have three days of revision left, and tomorrow I have to work at UCL despite not really able to afford the time. Also, I have to somehow make myself forget that the Decemberists are playing tomorrow night and tickets are not yet sold out and some of my friends will be there. Also will not being seeing Radiohead, Metric, OR the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
Why is this the best week of concerts, like, ever? Why?!?
It's too late to keep reading anymore, though, so I'm going blog instead. I'm not in the cheeriest of moods, though, so we'll see how this goes!
I've had a pretty good week, though, I'd say. Saturday was a bit rough. Took me five, no joke, FIVE hours to do one load of laundry because the machine decided to break with my clothes locked inside! I'm so tired of being poor and living in crappy housing where everything breaks and it takes ages to fix.
Sunday and Monday my friend Graham was visiting from Manchester, so we hung out. We had a good time, I think. We did a mini-pub crawl of Kentish Town which was just awful because half the pubs wouldn't let us in for some reason and it's just Kentish Town and there's nothing there. So we hit two whole exciting pubs and conversed the afternoon away. The rest of our time was divided between watching DVDs of Spaced and enjoying each other's, frankly, excellent tastes in music!
Monday night I went to see TV on the Radio at the school union. It wasn't really all that spectacular, and I was bored by myself. This is the problem with buying tickets to shows so far in advance. In March, I was in a big TV on the Radio phase. By now, though, the interested has faded and I was actually sitting there thinking, "I could be revising right now!"
Tuesday - read read read. Can't remember if other things happened. I have a hard time remembering Tuesdays for some reason.
Wednesday went to my classmate Julia's flat in Islington with other classmates Danielle, Paul and Ruth and had a "study party." Was a bit worried that we wouldn't actually get much studying done, but it actually really helped. We went through exam questions from the past three years and brainstormed the answers together. Made me feel a lot more confident that I actually know things and will be able to think of something to write. There were also obvious patterns in things they asked every year, so I have an idea of what will probably be on this exam. We celebrated our hardwork by having homemade pizzas and a delicious banoffee pie for dessert. Went home with both my head and my tummy very full.
Today I revised some more (wow! exciting!). My afternoon was interrupted by the fire alarm going off, which meant having to run down 15 flights of stairs. I didn't bring a jacket, or save anything important like my iPod or my passport, but by jove I grabbed the Shins tickets for tonight! Ha ha! THAT was important to me! So I stood with Danielle out in a very blustery day shivering with just a t-shirt on, wearing shoes with no socks and cluching my mobile and my Shins tickets. I have my priorities straight!
They finally let us in and I got ready and headed Camden ways for another night at Koko. Met up with Andy who got me the tickets and thus was coerced out of his own intense exam revising to attend with me. His exam schedule makes mine look easy peasy, so I try not to complain or worry around him. May is not a good month for those of us who have shunned the real world for the generally lazy life of a student!
We hit the floor and stifled (hardly) giggles during the opening band Dungen, who looked like they came right out of 1974. The best part was when the lead singer brought out the flute! That's when I lost it. Visions of Anchorman danced through my head.
Then the Shins came out, and WOOOO!! Their albums make me happy. I saw them a year ago in Chicago, and they weren't nearly this great. They must have been tired from being on the road then, because they seemed like they were just going through the motions. This time they had spunk! The crowd was digging them a lot more, too, than I remember at the Congress Theater. Everyone knew all the words and we all were singing along. Andy seemed to like them alright, too, though he wasn't familiar with them at all beforehand. So good times all around. Unless he was just being nice to humor me! :D
Now I'm back here acting as if it's cool that I only have three days of revision left, and tomorrow I have to work at UCL despite not really able to afford the time. Also, I have to somehow make myself forget that the Decemberists are playing tomorrow night and tickets are not yet sold out and some of my friends will be there. Also will not being seeing Radiohead, Metric, OR the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
Why is this the best week of concerts, like, ever? Why?!?
3 Comments:
Pray tell, dear lady, what is this Bananarama pie of which you speak?
Banoffee pie! I've never heard of it before I got here, but apparently it's huge!
http://moblog.co.uk/blogs/4540/moblog_2ab027b51f8bd.jpg
Hey! I had Banofee pie on the plane back from England! Haha!
Post a Comment
<< Home