Sunday in the Park with Claire
Yesterday I got an email from Claire saying she saw something going on over Regent's Park ways and wondered if I wanted to come investigate with her. Seeing as it was Sunday and I was sans plans, I said ok and hiked towards Camden to meet her. Then together we hiked up the hill into the park where some sort of hippie fair was going on.
The sun was bright and hot while we sauntered through the tents of handmade jewelry and anti-Bush petitions. Claire was in her element. I was just glad to be out of the house. We got ourselves some vegan delights for a snack and settled into the grass to listen to some band from Manchester play. Seemed out of context, but they were ok. It was free. Ran into Robyn, who was jogging by and also stopped to check things out, thus adding to my long list of strange coincidences of bumping into people.
The day was hot, so after a few hours of lying in the grass, we mosied back to the shady safety of Camden, bought a pint of Ben & Jerrys and sat on some more grass by the canal hanging with some Italian punks and cooling down.
Then a bit of dinner and off to see XMen3.
So that was my Sunday. Am now quite pink from the sun.
Today was a vast ocean of nothingness and laundry. Did however book tickets with Danielle to Amsterdam. So have that to look forward to in mid-July! Nice little break from "work"! Will fly over on EasyJet and stay in a little hostel in the middle of everything. Fun fun fun, I hope!
The sun was bright and hot while we sauntered through the tents of handmade jewelry and anti-Bush petitions. Claire was in her element. I was just glad to be out of the house. We got ourselves some vegan delights for a snack and settled into the grass to listen to some band from Manchester play. Seemed out of context, but they were ok. It was free. Ran into Robyn, who was jogging by and also stopped to check things out, thus adding to my long list of strange coincidences of bumping into people.
The day was hot, so after a few hours of lying in the grass, we mosied back to the shady safety of Camden, bought a pint of Ben & Jerrys and sat on some more grass by the canal hanging with some Italian punks and cooling down.
Then a bit of dinner and off to see XMen3.
So that was my Sunday. Am now quite pink from the sun.
Today was a vast ocean of nothingness and laundry. Did however book tickets with Danielle to Amsterdam. So have that to look forward to in mid-July! Nice little break from "work"! Will fly over on EasyJet and stay in a little hostel in the middle of everything. Fun fun fun, I hope!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home