And so it ends. . .
My time in London is swiftly wrapping up. I cannot believe how 15 months has flown by. Neither can I believe that something I looked forward to for so long is now over. I've had some amazing experiences, both shared and unshared, and both amazing and dreadful. I met and became close with some really great people, all of whom I will miss tremendously and hope that the end of my time here does not also mean I will not see them again in the future. The world is definitely smaller than it once was, but it isn't small enough.
Anyways, the past few weeks have been a flurry of lasts. Last visits, last nights out, last goodbyes. It isn't easy, especially knowing how much I'll miss everyone and everything. However, even though I have no idea what's in store next, it definitely feels like my time here is meant to be done.
Instead of ranting on and on about all the things I've done, I'm just going to post my last few weeks in pictures. I've been trying to be good about taking the camera out and documenting things. So here's a few of the things I've seen one last time.

Trafalgar Square and the Norwegian Christmas Tree.

Piccadilly Circus all lit up at night.

Christmas carnival in Leicester Square.

An empty Marble Arch.

An even emptier Speakers' Corner in Hyde Park.

An awesome TV programme.

A very Victorian looking street in Whitechapel.

Lydia carving my most excellent turkey.

Some fun looking guitar pedals on Denmark St., a street where every shop sells instruments.

A stuffed bear at the Endurance pub on Berwick St. in Soho.

Some photo boxes near London Bridge.

Christine getting into the Christmas spirit.

Harrod's department store all lit up.

The Kyoto Gardens in Holland Park.

A pretty waterfall and koi pond in the Kyoto Gardens.

A peacock just doin' his thing in Holland Park.

Some tortoises holding up a triangle. I bet it symbolizes something, but I'm not sure what.

The big glass thing hanging in the entrance of the Victoria & Albert museum.

A light display in the courtyard of the V&A where both light and music were manipulated by the people walking among the light boxes.

The light boxes close up.
Anyways, the past few weeks have been a flurry of lasts. Last visits, last nights out, last goodbyes. It isn't easy, especially knowing how much I'll miss everyone and everything. However, even though I have no idea what's in store next, it definitely feels like my time here is meant to be done.
Instead of ranting on and on about all the things I've done, I'm just going to post my last few weeks in pictures. I've been trying to be good about taking the camera out and documenting things. So here's a few of the things I've seen one last time.
Trafalgar Square and the Norwegian Christmas Tree.
Piccadilly Circus all lit up at night.
Christmas carnival in Leicester Square.
An empty Marble Arch.
An even emptier Speakers' Corner in Hyde Park.
An awesome TV programme.
A very Victorian looking street in Whitechapel.
Lydia carving my most excellent turkey.
Some fun looking guitar pedals on Denmark St., a street where every shop sells instruments.
A stuffed bear at the Endurance pub on Berwick St. in Soho.
Some photo boxes near London Bridge.
Christine getting into the Christmas spirit.
Harrod's department store all lit up.
The Kyoto Gardens in Holland Park.
A pretty waterfall and koi pond in the Kyoto Gardens.
A peacock just doin' his thing in Holland Park.
Some tortoises holding up a triangle. I bet it symbolizes something, but I'm not sure what.
The big glass thing hanging in the entrance of the Victoria & Albert museum.
A light display in the courtyard of the V&A where both light and music were manipulated by the people walking among the light boxes.
The light boxes close up.
2 Comments:
I'm excited that you're returning to Chicago. I wonder, though, if I will soon find that I miss this blog. Will there be a Chicago blog to take up the narrative from here?
Hmm . . . it is indeed a possibility! I could always rename my exploits "Lauren Goes Loony Just About Everywhere!"
I love Chicago dearly, but even I struggle to see how it might ever be as exciting as Londonland. I'll give it a try, though!
Post a Comment
<< Home